Locate a Contractor
Participating Contractors have been specially trained to complete the installations required for Home Upgrade and Advanced Home Upgrade projects. In addition, Participating Contractors:
- Have completed extensive training in building science
- Help you maximize energy savings, home comfort, and health and safety
- Will work with you to manage and submit all rebate applications on your behalf
- Are randomly checked for quality control and assurance purposes
- Are held to higher installation standards than your average contractor
Raters may work with Participating Contractors to help a homeowner complete an energy upgrade and receive incentives; however, Home Energy Ratings are not required in order to receive incentives. A Home Upgrade Advisor can assist in choosing a rater or a contractor, or choose from a list of Participating Raters.
Your Participating Contractor also will help you take advantage of all the rebates you are eligible for and will submit the rebate applications on your behalf. Typically, you can expect to receive your r ebate within 4–6 weeks of application approval.